Applications Now Open
1 January to 30 April, 2021
If you are an Australian or New Zealand student who is intterested in undertaking clinical placement at Currumbin Wildlife Hospital, please see below for further information on the program and how to apply.
Only clinical-year students are accepted for placement at Currumbin Wildlife Hospital.
Duration is a minimum of two weeks to a maximum of four weeks.
Individual veterinary students must apply directly to Currumbin Wildlife Hospital via the button below.
Students should not apply via their placement supervisor.
What to Include
- Application emails should include your CV (Resume) and cover letter explaining why you would be a good candidate to undertake placement at Currumbin Wildlife Hospital.
- Applications should outline any experience you have working with wildlife.
- Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated a clear interest in pursuing a career that contributes to the care and conservation of wildlife.
- Students are asked to outline 3 placement periods in order of preference.
- Please note due to the volume of placement requests, early applications are not kept on file. Thus, students that apply outside the application period must re-apply.
What to expect once you have applied
- Once you have applied you will receive a brief email to confirmation your application has been submitted.
- After 30 April, applications will close and placements will be assessed in order of merit. You will recieve an email to inform you of the outcome of your application.
International students are required to pay a fee of $1000 AUD per week. This fee covers the cost of placement. Students are required to pay for and source their own accommodation.