Start typing for quick search or press enter for more detailed search results
Meet the world's largest rodent!
You thought guinea pigs were cute well wait until you meet these guys!
Enter the Capybaras enclosure and get up close and personal, give them a scratch and help feed them while learning interesting facts like how they eat their own poo.
Name: Capybara Encounter
Days Available: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday*
Positions Available: 3 Per Session
All participants must be 6 years and over and if under the age of 14 must be with a paying adult.
1. Participants will need to check in at the Visitor & Members Services at least 30 minutes prior to your encounter.
3. All guests participating in the encounter must be over the age of 6 years old
4. Any guest younger than 14 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult
5. One paying adult must accompany each participant under the age of 14 years
6. Daily interaction with the Capybaras may be subject to keeper discretion.
7. All participants must follow all instructions given by the keeper and if they fail to do so may be removed from the program and not issued a refund.
8. The program may cease at any given time at the keepers discretion
9. Guests are not allowed to take in personal items such as bags ect. Personal cameras will be allowed to be used during the encounter
10. Hands must be clean and sanitizer will be available both before and after the encounter
11. All participants are required to answer any safety briefing questions asked by the keepers and must inform the keeper of any allergies/reactions prior to participating on this encounter.
12. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary does not take responsibility for any injuries that are received during the experience; first aid will be available on location if required.
13. Footwear must be worn. No high heels
14.This encounter ticket does not include entry into Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Entry must be purchased along with encounter.
GET UP CLOSE
Breakfast with the Koalas
Tree Kangaroo Encounter
Scaly Tales Encounter
Behind the Scenes Tour
Red Panda Encounter
Cotton-top Tamarin Encounter
Wildlife Hospital Tour