Start typing for quick search or press enter for more detailed search results
See Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary like you’ve never seen it before – after dark! Take a very special guided tour through Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary getting up close with our nocturnal residents, such as the cheeky Tasmanian Devils, who are most active when the sun goes down.
Learn more about the history of the Gold Coast’s traditional custodians with two unique tours:
Biyuhl Tour - Biyuhl meaning hill or mountain.
Gunanggay Tour - Gunanggay meaning flat country.
Immerse yourself in a spectacular light display, where you will embrace Dreamings and spirit of the Yugambeh people.
Go on a spotlight adventure searching for some Aussie native wildlife, and finish off with some traditional bush tea.
Due to the popularity of the Twilight Tours, this experience often books out, so make sure you reserve your place now before it’s too late!
Biyuhl Twilight Tour
Biyuhl is Yugambeh for hill – this route requires a base level of fitness and mobility as we walk up the Western Ridge of the Sanctuary
Days available year round: Friday
Days available seasonal: 13th October 2023 – 23rd December 2023: Friday * NOTE: Twilight Tour not available Friday 27th October.
Time: 5:30PM (Duration 1.5 Hours)
Strollers are not permitted. This tour has limited accessibility for wheelchairs and mobility devices
Gunanggay Twilight Tour
Gunanggay is Yugambeh for flat country - this route is a shorter distance and accessible for all, ideal for families with young children and people using walking/mobility aids.
Days available year round: Saturday
Days available seasonal: 13th October 2023 – 23rd December 2023: Saturday * NOTE: Twilight Tour not available Saturday 28th October.
Time: 5:30PM (Duration 1.5 Hours)
This tour is fully accessible (including strollers)
*Days are only available during identified seasonal periods including school holidays, check website for up to date information
Price: Adult $35.00
Available Positions: 20 per tour
All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Please present your ID and membership card (if applicable) to our team on arrival.
1. Meet at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Visitor Services 15 minutes prior to your start time ready to be checked-in.
2. Maximum of 20 guests per experience
3. All guests must provide up-to-date contact information including name, address & phone number to our team
4. Sanitiser will be provided & all guests will be required to sanitise hands before & after experience
6. All children (under the age of 14) participating in the experience must be accompanied by a supervising (paying) adult
7. All guests must follow all instructions given by the guide and if they fail to do so may be removed from the program and not issued a refund
8. The program may cease at any given time at the guide's discretion
9. Personal cameras will be allowed to be used during the experience
10. All participants are required to answer any safety briefing questions asked by the guide and must inform the guide of any allergies/reactions prior to participating on this experience
11. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary does not take responsibility for any injuries that are received during the experience; first aid will be available on location if required
12. Footwear must be worn. No high heels
13. Guests are not to physically touch any wildlife throughout the tour unless invited to by your guide
14. Price does not include daytime admission to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
15. Guests are to provide their own torch for Twilight Tours. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary will not provide replacement torches or batteries
16. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is not liable for any lost items along the Twilight Tour route
17. The Biyuhl Tour does not have stroller access with all infants needing to be carried if unable to walk
Experience times may be subject to change.
Twilight Tours may be cancelled at short notice due to unexpected circumstances.