Start typing for quick search or press enter for more detailed search results
Get a private tour of the Wildlife Hospital!
We invite you to share 60 minutes in one of the busiest wildlife hospitals in the world! Your group will be personally escorted around the Hospital to learn about the medical care each animal receives, watch live surgery (if available), walk through our rehabilitation area to see the turtle pools, echidna enclosure, raptor recovery, ‘Feather Library’, koala recovery, water pond, and many more exciting areas the public do not get to access! Our passionate staff will share their love for our wildlife, inspiring you to spread awareness about the work being completed in our Hospital .
Name: Currumbin Wildlife Hospital Tour
Days Available: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday*
Positions Available: 1 Per Day, up to 4 people
Please arrive at Visitor and Member Services 30 minutes prior to the tour to complete all forms and waivers. Our team will point out the Currumbin Wildlife Hospital on a map, please meet your guide on the deck outside the Hospital.
*Subject to change
1. Children under 4 years of age are not permitted to visit the hospital and children aged 4-14 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
2. For child and animal safety, no child should be left unaccompanied at any time.
3. You will be going into areas of the Sanctuary that are not normally accessed by guests; as such you must stay with your guide and obey all instructions as given. Failure to do so may result in the tour being suspended.
4. As you are going into operational areas there will be limited strollers or wheelchair access due to narrow corridors and unpathed walkways
5. Secure, comfortable, enclosed footwear is required (no thongs, heels or sandals).
6. The tour may be cancelled due to reasons beyond Currumbin Wildlife Hospital’s control to ensure the safety of guests and animals. Tour refunds will be available in this case.
7. A person may not physically touch or place any objects, items or animals inside the hospital area, unless invited and supervised by a qualified Currumbin Wildlife Hospital staff member.
8. People with heart conditions, nervous disorders or persons subject to sickness due to the sight of blood, bleeding or medical operational procedures are restricted from participating on this tour.
9. Persons requiring the assistance of a guide/companion animal will not be permitted to participate in the tour, unless the guide/companion animal has been approved by head veterinarian Michael Pyne or can be held outside of the hospital for the duration of the tour.
10. Personal photography is not permitted when inside the hospital. Tour staff will inform guests when and where images may be taken.
11. For guests with a disability a carer is free of charge.