Start typing for quick search or press enter for more detailed search results
Paint, sip and laugh under the stars
Enjoy a drink on arrival, followed by a professional photo with one of our cuddly Koalas before the 2 hour paint class commences.
With an emphasis on ‘fun’ (not fine) art, local artist Lee Murphy will expertly help guests to unleash their inner Picasso as they create their very own Koala portrait. This event commences at 5.30pm but why not meet your friends earlier at our Sanctuary markets, open from 4pm.
Guests will receive a delicious mini platter served with a glass of wine, bubbles or beer as they paint, sip, laugh and relax in a tranquil outdoor Sanctuary setting. The night will be infectious communal fun where art will wash away the dust of everyday life and a perfect opportunity to get together with friends and family for a fun time and helps us paint a better future for Koalas.
Name: Paint & Sip with Koalas
Days Available: Friday 19 February
Time: 5PM Arrival for 5:30PM Start (Duration 2.5 Hours)
Price: $120 per person
Available Positions: 30 per session
This is an 18+ event.
1. Please meet at the Main Entry to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (adjacent to the Lorikeet Arena) at 5pm ready for a 5:30pm start
2. Maximum of 30 guests per session
3. All guests must provide up-to-date contact information including name, address & phone number to our team
4. Sanitizer will be provided & all guests will be required to sanitize hands before & after experience
5. Social distancing guidelines will need to be adhered to by all guests
6. All participants must be over the age of 18
7. All guests must follow all instructions given by the keeper and if they fail to do so may be removed from the program and not issued a refund
8. The program may cease at any given time at the keeper’s discretion
9. Personal cameras will be allowed to be used during the session
10. All participants are required to answer any safety briefing questions asked by the keepers and must inform the team of any allergies/reactions prior to participating on this experience
11. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary does not take responsibility for any injuries that are received during the experience; first aid will be available on location if required
12. Guests are not to physically touch any wildlife throughout the tour unless invited to by Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary team members
13. This event is outside of regular opening hours and does not require a general admission ticket
Experience times may be subject to change
Gold Coast-based artsy creative Lee has been drawing and painting since she can remember, and after years of working as an architect, Lee went back to study at the Julian Ashton Art School in Sydney, and as such is well equipped to take guests on a paint-splattered creative journey.