Start typing for quick search or press enter for more detailed search results
Get up close and personal to one of Australia’s biggest icons. Learn about the koala’s features, habitat, reproduction, gum species preferences and other quirky little facts about these gorgeous critters. Meet some of our koala families inside their Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary homes. At the completion of your experience you will hold one of everyone’s favourite little Aussie legends whilst having a professional photograph to capture your experience.
Name: Koala "Behind the Scenes" Experience
Days Available: Daily*
Price: $49 per person
Positions Available: 12 per session
*Check our opening hours here
Are you a bit of a foodie?
Why not try our Koala Breakfast or High Koala-Tea?
Please present your ID and the Credit Card to our team on arrival
1. Participants will need to check in at Visitor Services 30 minutes prior to the experience time
2. Maximum of 12 guests per experience
3. All guests must provide up-to-date contact information including name, address & phone number to our team
4. Sanitizer will be provided & all guests will be required to sanitize hands before & after experience
5. Social distancing guidelines will need to be adhered to by all guests
6. All children participating in the experience must be accompanied by a supervising (paying) adult
7. All guests must follow all instructions given by the keeper and if they fail to do so may be removed from the program and not issued a refund
8. The program may cease at any given time at the keeper’s discretion
9. Personal cameras will be allowed to be used during the experience
10. All participants are required to answer any safety briefing questions asked by the keepers and must inform the keeper of any allergies/reactions prior to participating on this experience
11. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary does not take responsibility for any injuries that are received during the experience; first aid will be available on location if required
12. The price of the program includes one photograph per person
13. Footwear must be worn. No high heels.
14. guests are not to physically touch any Koala whilst in the enclosure or photo opportunity
15. No strollers or umbrellas permitted inside the enclosure
16. Price does not include admission to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Experience times may be subject to change