Start typing for quick search or press enter for more detailed search results
See the Sanctuary in a different way!
The Sanctuary Sunrise Tour held at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is an exclusive 90 minute tour which is available to do until 29 February 2020. In a small intimate group setting, led by an experienced tour guide, guests will experience the stunning surroundings of the Sanctuary before it opens to the public.
Guests will be taken around the Sanctuary, learning about the history of Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and its founder Alex Griffiths before embarking on a journey to Lost Valley, where they will have the chance to interact with the cheeky Sun Conures. Guests will get the opportunity to feed the iconic Eastern Grey Kangaroo while engaging in some precious one on one time.
Guests will learn about Koalas and their habitat, the importance of their conservation, how many are admitted to the Currumbin Wildlife Hospital each year and what they can do to help.
The tour will conclude with a light breakfast with the lorikeets.
Name: Sanctuary Sunrise Tour
Days Available: Monday, Friday and Saturday
Time: 7:00 AM
Positions Available: 12 Per Day
Children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult who is known to the child.
1. Sanctuary Sunrise Tour starts at 7am sharp, please meet outside Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, located at 28 Tomewin Street at 6.45am.
2. You must agree with the Terms and Conditions prior to your participation in the Sanctuary Sunrise Tour at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
3. Children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult who is known to the child.
4. Children under the age of 4 must be in a stroller or carried by a parent/guardian at all times. For the safety of children and animals, no child should be left unaccompanied/unattended at any time, if this occurs, the parent/guardian may be asked to exit the tour. Strollers cannot be taken into the bird aviary in Lost Valley; children will need to be carried by parent/guardian.
5. Guests must wear appropriate closed in footwear during the experience.
6. Daily interaction with the Capybaras may be subject to keeper discretion.
7. In the event of wet weather, suitable attire should be worn.
8. All guests are to stay 1 metre
away from all animals and enclosures, unless invited and supervised by a qualified Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary staff member.
9. The tour may be cancelled without notice due to reasons beyond Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary’s control to ensure the safety of guests and animals. Tour refunds will be made upon application.
10. Guests will be going into areas of the Sanctuary that are not normally accessed by members of the public; as such you must stay with your guide and follow all instructions as given. Failure to do so may result in the tour being suspended.
11. Guests are allowed to take their own camera on this experience.
12. All guests must be in good health and fully capable and able to climb and walk unassisted.
13. All guests must follow all instructions and direction given by the keepers and if they fail to do so may be removed from the tour and not issued a refund.
14. The tour may cease at any given time at the keepers discretion.
15. All guests are required to answer any safety briefing questions asked by the keepers and must inform the keeper of any allergies/reactions prior to participating on this tour.
16. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary takes all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our guests participating in this tour, it does not take responsibility for any injuries, damage to clothing or persons or death incurred during the experience by any of our guests; first aid will be available on location for minor injuries if required.
17.This encounter ticket does not include entry into Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Entry must be purchased along with encounter.
GET UP CLOSE
Cotton-top Tamarin Encounter
Sanctuary Sunrise Tour
Behind the Scenes Tour
Wildlife Hospital Tour