We are currently improving Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary with new and exciting developments underway.
The following attractions are currently closed to receive some maintenance over the coming weeks:
- The Red Kangaroo Habitat will be closed on Thursday 15th and Friday 16th August inclusive and Monday, 22nd to Wednesday 24th August 2019 inclusive.
- The Currumbin Express Miniature Train will not be operating Monday, 12th August – Thursday, 15th of August 2019 (inclusive) and Monday, 26th August – Thursday, 29th August 2019 (inclusive) to allow for essential track maintenance. Please plan your visit accordingly. No further discounts will apply. There will be no other movement devices available during this closure.
- The Wild Precinct link pathway (map location O13, P13 & Q12) will be closed from 26th August – 13th September 2019 (inclusive) to allow for replacement path works. An alternative pedestrian path will be available to access to the Western Reserve. Note: this temporary path is not paved.
- Aboriginal Culture Show will be relocated to the Sir Walter Campbell Centre (map location B14) from 26th August – 13th September 2019 (inclusive) as works around their show stage are carried out.
- Wild Island Adventure Playground will be closed from Monday, 29th of April 2019 until Friday, 21st of September 2019 (inclusive) as it is refurbished and exciting new elements are added. The Wild Burgers play park will continue to be available over this period.
- Wild Burgers bathrooms (map location R11) and amenities will be closed from 22nd July until mid-December 2019 for redevelopment of new facilities including 5-star rated parents room.
- Weekly essential maintenance is conducted on the Currumbin Express Miniature Train network on every Wednesday* until 11:30am. Trains operate all afternoon on a Wednesday following this maintenance until 4:00pm. *except during Queensland school holidays
We apologise for the upgrades being undertaken within the ‘Wild Precinct’ (Wild Burgers, Aboriginal Culture Show, Melaleuca Green and Wild Island). The entire rest of the Sanctuary is open and operating with all animals on display.
For further information on closures please contact our Visitor Services team on 1300 886 511 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologise for any inconvenience as we complete these works.