We are currently improving Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary with new and exciting developments underway.
The following attractions are currently closed to receive some maintenance over the coming weeks:
- The Currumbin Express Miniature Train network will be not operating on the 5th & 6th of December and on the 12th & 13th of December 2018 (inclusive). This is to allow for essential rail replacement to occur. Please check your travel dates, signage will be in place at the entrance. No refunds or discounts will be offered during the closure.
- The Currumbin Express Miniature Train will open at 11:30am on Friday 7 December.
- The Free Flight Bird Show is closed to undergo redevelopment. From the 3rd of December there will be no Bird Show until the 19th of December 2019. Technical rehearsals for the new show – Wild Skies Free Flight Bird show commence on the 19th of December with visitors invited to watch. Wild Skies officially opens on the 1st of January 2019.
- The Bush Tucker Gardens (map location Q9) will be receiving maintenance from the 29th of October until the 7th of December 2018. The main access path will be diverted whilst these works are undertaken.
- Sanctuary Café (map location E17) will be closed from the 5th of November until the 7th of December 2018 as it undergoes a complete redevelopment. Light snacks, coffee and drinks will still be available. All other food locations within the Sanctuary will remain open over this period.
- Quokkas (map location E15) will not be on display until further notice.
- Tree Tops Challenge will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Weekly essential maintenance is conducted on the Currumbin Express Miniature Train network on every Wednesday* until 11:30am. Trains operate all afternoon on a Wednesday following this maintenance until 4:00pm. *except during Queensland school holidays
For further information on closures please contact our Visitor Services team on 1300 886 511 or email@example.com. We apologise for any inconvenience as we complete these works.